What is the meaning of the No Boot Device available error? If you are wondering how to fix the computer no boot device available error? Then I would suggest you should try the methods that are mentioned below. But first I would like to talk about the main reason behind this error.
The reason behind the no boot device available error is that maybe your system is having some trouble with the hard drive. Sometimes there can be some problem with the connection or wires.
Fix Computer No Boot Device Available Error?
1. Fix no boot device available error with Windows Startup Repair Tool
- First, you need to find out the Windows installation disc or pen drive. You need to insert it in your computer if you are getting the error of no boot device available error.
- After inserting in your computer, you need to reboot your computer, and as the system reboots, you will get the screen of Install Now. You need to click on the option of Repair your computer.
- Now you will see the window of System recovery options, and from those options, you need to click on the option of Startup Repair.
- Once the process of startup repair is finished, check if the problem is solved or not.
2. Fix no boot device available error with BIOS
- To make that, you have chosen the correct bootable device from the BIOS settings. Now open up the BIOS settings when you reboot the system and check if you have selected the correct device to boot up the system. If everything is fine, then try the following steps.
- Now you need to turn off your computer and wait for some time. Now restart your computer and press the key that will open up BIOS settings. Once the BIOS setup menu opens up, you need to find BIOS setup default settings.
- That will help you restore your BIOS settings to default, save those settings, and then exit from it. And the system will restart, now you can check if the problem is solved or not.
3. Fix no boot device available error with command prompt
- First, you need to boot up your computer with the help of a windows installation disc or pen drive. Now you will see that there is the option of System recovery option, and you need to click on it.
- In that, you will be able to find the option command prompt that you need to open. Once the command prompt opens up, you need to type bootrec /fixmbr and press the enter key.
- After that, you need to type another command that is bootrec /fixboot, and press the enter key. Now you need to type bootrec /scanos and hit the enter button.
- Lastly, you need to type bootrec /rebuildbcd and press the enter key. As the execution of all commands finishes, you need to close the window and then restart your computer to check if the problem is solved or not.
Also Read: How to Fix CPU Fan Error on Windows PC