Failed to play test tone on Windows 10; So this error is being displayed when there is some problem between the Windows operating system and your computer’s sound device. The test tone is being used whenever you need to check the headphones’ left-right balance or the speakers connected with your computer. Here are some methods that will help to fix this error and you can download your windows 10 driver.
How to fix the issue of Failed to play test tone on Windows 10?
1. Uninstall the Audio drivers:
- Type device manager in the windows search bar and press the enter key. Now find the option of your audio drive and right-click on it.
- Select the option to uninstall; now you need to follow the process, and when it completes, click on the icon of Scan for hardware changes, and it will help you install the default audio driver.
2. Update the Audio drivers:
- Go and type device manager in the windows search bar and press the enter key. Now find the audio device whose drivers you want to update.
- Click on that audio device, and you will see the option of search automatically for updated driver software and click on it.
- Now select the option of update driver, and it will start downloading the audio drivers. If windows don’t show any updates, try to download the drivers from that audio device’s official website.
3. Try to install the High definition audio device:
- Type device manager in the windows search bar and press the enter key. Now find your audio driver and right-click on it, then select the option of Update driver.
- You need to select and click on the option to browse my computer for driver software. Now you need to click on the choice of Let me pick up from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- It will give you the list of audio devices, and you need to click on the High definition audio device then click on the Next button.
- That will pop up a warning window, and you need to press the yes button, and that’s it.
4. Try to change the sound Format:
- Right-click on the icon of voice that is at the bottom right corner of the screen, and you need to click on the option of sound.
- Now select the audio device and click on the button of properties. From the properties window, you need to open the section of Advanced.
- Now you will see the default format that you can change and test it to see if it is working or not.
- You can even set it to default by clicking on the button of restore defaults.
5. Use the Troubleshooter:
- Open up the settings app and click on the option of update & security. You will see the possibility of Troubleshoot on the left side, and you need to click on it.
- Now on the right side, it will show the option of Playing audio, and just below, there will be a button to run the troubleshooter, and you need to click on it.
- Now the troubleshooting will start, and you need to wait until it finishes.
Check out this: – Feature update to windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80080008.