Why do you need to change the default new folder name in Windows 10?
As we all know, whenever we try to create a new folder, the default name will be New Folder. This name can be irritating and confusing many times. So once the folder has been creating, you think about Change The Default New Folder Name.
But if I tell you that you don’t have to change it and set the name of that folder. You can select the name for New Folder as you want to. It is excellent, right. So if you are wondering how to change the default new folder name in Windows 10. I have mentioned the way below.
How to change the default new folder name in Windows 10?
If you are wondering how to change the default name in Windows 10. I have mentioned the way below that will help you.
Change through Registry Editor:
- You have to start your computer, and then click on the windows search bar that you can see at the bottom left corner of the screen. In that, you have to type Registry Editor and press the Enter key.
- Now the window of the Registry Editor will open up, and in that, you will be able to see the option of HKEY_CURRENT_USER. You have to expand that option.
- As you expand it, you will be able to see many options, but you have to find the prospect of software and develop that option. Now you will have to find the option of Microsoft.
- As you find it, you have to expand it, and once you have done it, you will have to find the option of Windows. You have to develop that option. Now in that option, you have to look for the option of CurrentVersion.
- Once you find that option, you have to expand it, and in that, you will be able to see the possibility of Explorer. You have to right-click on that folder, and you will have to create a New Key and name it NamingTemplates.
- Once you have successfully created the NamingTemplates Key, you have to double-click on it. Now in the right-side panel, you have to right-click and create a new String.
- In that, you have to type RenameNameTemplate as the name of the String and press the enter key. Now you have to double-click on that RenameNameTemplate option, and you will see the field of Value Data.
- In that, you have to enter the name of the folder you want to set as default so that whenever you create a new folder, the name that will enter will be the by default name of that folder.
- After entering the name for all new folders, you have to click on the OK button and change the default new folder name. Try to create a new folder, and you will see that by default the name of the new folder is the name that you recently changed in the Registry Editor.
See Out This:- How to download AnyDesk software for Windows.