Why do you need to Prevent Users from Uninstalling Programs?
As you know, Windows 10 provides a unique feature that has been implemented from Windows 8.1. That is, you can Prevent Users from Uninstalling Programs quite easily. You have to go to the start menu, and from that menu, you have to right-click on the program. That you want to uninstall and click on the option of uninstall, and the program will be uninstalled.
If you are sharing your computer with other people, they can quickly uninstall your programs, and once that is done, you can’t do anything, so it is better to take some precautions. So if you are wondering how to prevent users from uninstalling programs in Windows 10, then here, I have mentioned a few ways below.
How to Prevent Users from Uninstalling Programs in Windows 10?
If you wonder how to prevent users from uninstalling programs in Windows 10. I have mentioned a few ways below that will help you.
1. Prevent users from uninstalling programs by using Local Group Policy Editor:
- Firstly, you have to type run the windows search bar and press the enter key, and now you will see that the run window has opened up, and in that window, you have to type gpedit.MSC and click on the OK button.
- As you click on that button, the Local Group Policy Editor Window will open up, and in that window, you will be able to see the option of Administrative Templates in the left panel.
- You have to expand that option, and as you will expand it, you will see many options, but you have to click on the option of Starr Menu and Taskbar. As you click on it, you will see that many options are visible on the right side of the panel.
- From those options, you have to open the option of Prevent users from uninstalling applications from Start. As you will double-click on that option, a window will open up, and from that window, you have to select the Enabled option.
- Then you will have to click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button and now try to uninstall any program from the start menu or settings; you won’t be able to do it.
2. Prevent users from uninstalling programs by using Registry Editor:
- You have to type Registry Editor in the windows search bar and then press the enter key. As it opens up you will see the option of HKEY_CURRENT_USER and you have to expand it.
- In that, you will have to find the option of Software and expand it. From that Software folder, you have to follow this path Policies\Microsoft\Windows and expand each folder.
- Now you have to right-click on the Windows folder and create a New Key and you have to name that key Explorer. You have to right-click on Explorer and select the option of DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- As you will select that option a window will appear and in that window, you will have to NoUninstallFromStart in Value name. You will even have to enter 1 in Value data and click on the OK button.
- Now try to uninstall any program and you won’t be able to do it since you have prevented users from uninstalling the programs.
Read More:- FIX: Failed to play test tone on Windows 10.