Why do you need to speed up your old computer? Sometimes you face the issue that the operating system in your Old computer is lagging too much and even takes more time to boot up. If you face these problems, then you won’t be able to do your work with efficiency, and that’s why you need to think about speeding up your old computer.
It has been seen that generally, computers work fine for 3 to 4 years and then it starts to slow down. You want to speed up your old computer, but it lags too much that you can’t do any work. So here are a few tips to speed up the old computer.
Tips to speed up your old computer
If you are wondering how to speed up the old computer, don’t worry here, I have mentioned a few tips to speed up the old computer.
1. Use the Disk Cleanup
- First, you need to type disk space in the windows search bar and press the enter key. Now you will see that the disk space window will open up. In that, you will see the drives that you have created on your computer.
- Now you need to open up the drive that you want to clean up. As the Cleanup window opens, you will need to tick mark the checkboxes of files you want to remove. I would suggest that you mark all and then click on the Ok button and then wait until all files are removed.
- Now restart the computer and see if your old computer can speed up.
2. RAM Upgradation to Speed Up Your Old Computer
- RAM is an essential part of your computer. As your computer gets older, you will notice that now there is much more RAM than earlier when you bought the computer.
- It is easy to install RAM on your old computer, but before upgrading the RAM in your old computer, you need to check the motherboard and see which type of RAM you need to buy.
- Sometimes it has been seen that you have bought the same type of RAM for your old computer, but it slows down your computer, so in those cases, you need to show your computer to professionals.
3. Startup of your old computer
- You may see that your old computer is taking more time at the startup and the main reason behind it is the hard drive and apps that start whenever your computer boots up.
- In your old computer, you will see the HDD drive that takes more time when you start the computer, so try to replace it with the SSD, and that will help your old computer boot up much faster.
- Now you need to type startup in the windows search bar and then press the enter key. You will see the programs that start whenever your computer restarts, and you need to turn off the programs that are not necessary.
- Now restart your computer and see if your old computer is working at good speed currently.
Also Read: How to Increase your Internet Speed
4. Use Antivirus Software
- In your old computer, make sure that you have installed the antivirus software and if you don’t want antivirus software, then at least make sure to have windows defender.
- Windows Defender works as antivirus software. The difference is that it is a default program, and you need to turn it on so that it scans your old computer regularly.
- Make sure to scan your computer regularly, and if any viruses are detected, remove them, and your old computer will work efficiently.